The membership dues information is in the Dec 2017 newsletter. The renewal form was included in the mailed Dec newsletter or in the email of the PDF newsletter as an attachment. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at MoonCarClub@gmail.com
October 4-7, 2017 (Wednesday – Saturday)
Just a reminder that we will be at the AACA Hershey Swap Meet and hope to meet you there! Many of our fellow Moon Car Club members attend, so please consider joining us!
The meet is located in beautiful HerAACA Hershey Swap Meet
shey, PA on the grounds and parking lots surrounding Hershey Park and The Giant Center. Hershey is considered one of the largest antique automobile shows and flea markets in the United States.
It consists of over 9,000 flea market spaces, over 1,000 car corral spaces, and approximately 1,500 show cars. Each year the show attracts visitors from all over the United States and many countries throughout the world. Some of the most unusual cars and parts can be found at Hershey. If you love antique cars, Hershey is the place to be.
We have a spot for you to meet up in the Orange Field (OAI 51-52) and we have a listing in the Hershey book for Moon parts & Ford Model A parts. I will try to bring some things to Hershey about the club and will be around to meet anyone that is interested in the club.
As in past Hershey meets, we invite all club members attending the meet to stop by on Thursday afternoon around 4 pm to meet and greet each other.
We have updated the website to include the pictures from the 2017 Moon Meet that was held in Tacoma, Washington last week. Look for them under the 2017 Moon Meet tab on the main website page. Enjoy!!!!!!
This year, the Horseless Carriage Club of MO has created a special display category of “Made in St. Louis – Pre-1932” and the Moon Car club will have some Moons at the Concours d’ Elegance along with other early cars & trucks that were made in St. Louis. This grand tradition is now in its 56th year in the park. The show will be on the upper Muny Opera parking lot beginning at 11 AM.. Come see us on Easter! And if you have a pre-1932 vehicle that was made in St. Louis and would like to bring it to the show, please contact us at Mooncarclub@gmail.com
Hello to all the Moon owners and Moon enthusiasts around the world!
Why would you want to become a member of the Moon Car Club?
1) You will be part of the FIRST ever car club devoted entirely to the cars made by the Moon Motor Car Company of St. Louis, MO USA.
2) You will receive the quarterly Moon Car Club newsletter, “The Silver Shell”. These newsletters will have interesting articles about members’ cars, tech talk, upcoming meetings, meets and shows, including local shows where members will be showing their Moons.
3) You will receive our Membership Roster with all the membership contact information, thus allowing free contact with other Moon owners and enthusiasts who share your interest in these cars. And until your information is published in the next roster, your membership information will be distributed to the other club members via email so others can contact you.
4) You will be able to place free “Want ads” and “For Sale ads” in the newsletter and on our website.
5) You will be invited to attend our annual Moon Car Club meet (our 2016 meet was already held in St. Louis and our 2017 will be in the northwest part of the country. Details will be in our Sept 2016 newsletter).
6) You will get emails and other notices about upcoming events where our club and our members will have with their cars.
7) You will have the opportunity to be in on group purchases of items that need to be custom made for the Moon cars.
8) You will be part of a group of Moon owners that will develop a list of favorite suppliers of critical parts for the Moons and for restoration shops that rebuild critical parts for the Moons.
9) You will part of a group of people that “holds as its aim, the encouragement of members to acquire, restore, preserve and exhibit any vehicle produced by the Moon Motor Car Company of Saint Louis, Missouri USA.”
I am sure there are more reasons to join and be a part of what I believe is going to be a GREAT car club as witnessed at the Moon Meets we have held the past 6 years. We had a wonderful start with lots of enthusiasm by everyone who attended with many more wishing that they could have attended. But whether you can ever attend one of our club meets or just stay connected via our newsletters, emails and website, know that all of our interests are with the cars made by The Moon Motor Car Company – “Favorably known the world over”.
If you are interested in receiving a membership application please contact us at Mooncarclub@gmail.com and we will email the application form to you. The application has the mailing address so you can send your form back along with the $25/yr dues. (You will get the back issues of this year’s newsletters plus the current club membership roster.)
If you have any other questions please let us know..
Thank you and I hope to see or hear from you soon!
Moon Car Club
P.S. Finally, regardless of whether you join our club or not, please let us know if you buy or sell any Moon/Diana/Windsor/Ruxton cars or ever hear of someone else that has one of these vehicles. We would like to keep a listing of all of the cars made by The Moon Motor Car Company, so stay in touch!
If you are planning to come to our Moon Meet in Tacoma, Washington June 1-3, 2017 you can send in your reservations and money for the meet now. If you didn’t receive the meeting information (Club members only) please let us know at Mooncarclub@gmail.com and we will send you another registration form with all the details. Do it now before you forget!
It’s that time again for club members to renew their membership in the club for 2017. If you get the quarterly newsletter mailed to you then you will find an insert with the renewal information. If you get our newsletters via emails then there was another attachment with the club renewal form. Please send in you annual dues of $25.00 to our new Treasurer Melba Nolan. Her mailing information is on the renewal form.
If you are thinking about joining our club for the first time, please send us an email to our club MoonCarClub@gmail.com and we will send you the membership information along with a list of all the benefits of being a Moon Car Club member.